Progress Report

Oh my goodness. My heart is pumping with excitement right now as I access the wi-fi at starbucks! It feels so great to have internet that works super fast (just like how my life was back in college). Oh, sometimes one must deprive herself of the ordinary joys in life in order to feel a greater joy later. I am in a state of bliss (for now, at least).



So, there have been so many things that I wanted to share with the world these past few weeks, but I never got around to updating my blog. First, I've been catching up on some reading. Currently, I'm finishing up Ruth Ozeki's "All Over Creation." A recommendation to my tree-hugger friends (and even the environmentally apathetic ones): you should definitely check out Ozeki's books, "My Year of Meats" and "All Over Creation." Her books are relatively simple, quick to read, and absolutely hilarious! I simply can't get enough of her sarcastic comments and back-handed criticisms towards both liberals and conservatives... And it's just great that she's able to tackle even the most sensitive subjects (asian-fetishism, racism, radicalism, weight issues) in a fairly humorous and light-hearted way. 


After a two-month hiatus, knitting is finally back on my priority list. Also, there are some things that are not on my priority list, but I consistently do - such as watching hours of trashy TV (yes, fellows Real Housewives fans... you remind me that I am not alone), playing with my toes, wasting money on manicures that don't last for longer than a week, and taking narcissistic pictures of myself on iPhoto that I'm tempted to upload onto my blog or facebook, but really shouldn't. I should really take on something more useful and outdoor-sy like gardening or hiking or golfing... except that I hate bees and I do not like walking on steep hills, which could be a tiny tiny problem.

So, here are some upcoming topics that I'll cover (hopefully, very soon):
What's in a name? - "One sunday morning, I wondered about my (lost) identity... and where I came from"
Spring Inspiration Board consisting mostly of flowers and playful prints that I've encountered on my little journeys.
A Knitted Wedding
Head Gear that I found online - we're talking some really weird shit.. knit robber (ski) masks with mustaches and an octo-legged scarf... no, they're not all pretty things.
Photos of random stuff from International craft and fashion magazines - aka. magazines I can't afford to buy and instead, spend hours snapping bad-quality photos using the iPhone without getting caught by Borders man, who eyes me from his corner register. Meow.
'killa and Her Baby Blanket - Sounds like an awesome title for a children's book. It's about my friend, 'killa, with her hand-crocheted baby blanket that has dinosaur stains on it.
VC Alum Quarterly.'s story on hand-knitting.

I have this huge desire to return home and do some yoga in my living room right now. The only problem is mama Chang magically transforms into a moody cat from 5-7 am., guards the sofa, and hisses at me to leave if I go anywhere near it. Guess I'll have to hit the gym instead.. Good day, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment