In those jeans...




PS. I made this did a fun post on denim shirts that were Chloe inspired. I don't know if the whole cowgirl gone chic look is really my thing (def. not a big fan of the patched look), but I can appreciate the three hanks of yarn that are hanging out in the back of the collage. I've worked with Rowan's Denim yarn before and I must admit that it's not my favorite. If you're looking for a good yarn with a denim effect, go with the Chiara yarn by Lana Grossa that I mentioned in one of my posts. Though the price gap is relatively large - a 50g ball of Chiara easily goes for 10-15 dollars and a 50g ball of Rowan Denim yarn goes for 6 dollars, I think you're probably better off with the Chiara. After all, don't you want your sweaters to look soft, squishy, and expensive. Squishy is my new fave word in case you haven't picked up...

Denim People, a knitting book that features unique denim-inspired sweaters, is one of the few mainstream knitting pattern books that I don't find absolutely repulsive. No, none of that fluffy, crazy, ugly furry shit going on here.. My favorite look from the book is the Wallflower Sweater that, with its intarsia motif, resembles the Opening Ceremony Squiggle Sweater Dress from F/S 07' (from Oogabooga.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment